Cheat me in the price not in the goods
“Someone who thinks the world is cheating him is right”
Before getting cheated by someone while you are buying a used Car,you should check certain things.Here I am going to give you some checklist before buying a used Car. Follow these checklists and you should have no problem at all buying your new old car.
- Know your need Take a piece of paper and write down why you want to buy this car and get a review from your Family. This simple checklist should help you crystallize your needs.
- Plan your purchase From above conclusion criteria you need to set an upper limit of the budget / E Mi’s you Can afford to pay and arrive towards a shortlist of cars that meet your needs. It is OK to deviate a little A bit over the budget if you are getting a great piece of metal. Next give yourself a time frame to search, identify and purchase your next used car, one month to 45 Days is a good time frame to buy yourself a good car.
- Research about the cars and market prices You get lots of information and expert rating online about cars, including their features, Specifications, fuel economy, etc. Some of the leading websites are cardekho, carwale , eazyseller, car trade, Etc., which give you detailed information about the car and pricing.
- Find the used car for sale in local and online market Search on online, the websites such as olx , quiker , eazyseller gives mentioned above provide many vehicles that are on sale from individuals and dealers. Also, look for used car dealers nearby on Google, and check out the cars available with them. Make a shortlist of the cars that you would like to personally see and test drive.
- Quality check When you have seen the vehicles,test drove them.You would have a final shortlist of cars that you would like to buy.
- Finalize the deal There is no standard price for used cars in the market, the prices are always negotiable. A good beginning for your negotiation should be the dealer’s asking price for the car. Dealers tend to mark-up the price by 10-15% for negotiation. Individuals typically tend to follow dealer Prices and their asking price will be in a similar range.
- Used car finance Most of the used car dealers are connected with banks and financial institutions offers used car loans, you can get a loan through the dealer from where you are buying the used car.
- Paper work The last step and the most important is the paperwork. It includes the following:Booking order form, Delivery Note, Invoice, Payment Receipts, etc.Registration Transfer which makes you the legal owner of the car on transfer of Registration Certificate in your name. The documents involved are Form-28, Form-29 and Form-30 and Sale Affidavit,Form 26,Form-35, NOC and Form-34.